Our first client made $600,000 with a single idea they generated in the first brainstorming session we ran for them. Our third client, AT&T, licensed our Get Out of the Box creative thinking training — the first creative training AT&T had ever purchased. Then came GE, Merck, General Mills, Pfizer, MTV, Lucent, Allianz, Goodyear, and 100 other companies in 11 different countries — all wanting to unlock and unleash the creative brainpower of their workforce.
For two counter-culture guys in their late 30’s, this was quite an adventure, especially since we had always considered corporations to be “the bad guys.”
Not everything we did worked. Like most entrepreneurs, we had plenty of false starts, flops, and failures. But no matter what happened — or didn’t happen — we kept on adapting, inventing, and learning. What, specifically, were we learning? How to catalyze creativity and innovation in others. How to help all kinds of people navigate their way through the long and often winding road of their own creative process.
Fast forward to 2020.
When Covid-19 hit the fan, I was in Australia, working with an Islamic school. Overnight, I had to transform everything I did into an online experience. Oof! Ouch! Ugh! The resistance lasted for a week. Then I started noodling on a very provocative question: “How can I distill down everything I’ve learned in the past 33 years and make it available — online — to as many people as possible around the world?”
Badaboom! Badabing! That’s when the idea for The Year of Living Creatively hit me upside the head — a simple, inexpensive, user-friendly way for people to get the support they need to increase their odds of manifesting their most inspired ideas, dreams, and ventures.
You want the elevator speech? The Year of Living Creatively is a chiropractic adjustment for your creative process — an engaging way to unlock and unleash your brilliance — an intentional, time-efficient approach to help you go over, under, around, and through whatever obstacles are preventing you from manifesting your heart’s desire. Bottom line, it’s a cool way to neutralize the Big Bad Wolf on your way to grandma’s house.
And while it’s not a magic pill, it CAN work magic.
It’s not a class. It’s not a workshop. And it’s not a training. It’s an ongoing, catalytic process to awaken your innate creativity, insight, wisdom, and commitment.
HOW IT WORKS: There are five, interconnected elements to The Year of Living Creatively.
1. SELF-ASSESSMENT: To make sure YOLC is a good fit for you, all you need to do is click this link and respond to the “Are You Ready for The Year of Living Creatively” self-inquiry page. In ten minutes, you’ll know if this program is worth your time.
2. SELF-INQUIRY: Once a week, you’ll receive a link to an online self-inquiry page (like this one) that will help you reflect on a specific aspect of your creative process. If you’re stuck, the page will help you get unstuck. If you’re already unstuck, the page will spark a quantum leap of thought, insight, and action. Each page will require 15-30 minutes of your time.
3. CREATIVE COMMUNITY: Once a month, you’ll be invited to participate in a 90-minute ZOOM session — a virtual campfire around which all Year of Living Creatively subscribers will gather. This will be an opportunity to pause, dive deeper into your creative process, and get the support you need from other members of the community. PS: Even though the creative process requires lots of solitude, it also requires connection, community, and collaboration.
4. CREATIVE PROCESS PARTNERSHIP: Each member of the Year of Living Creatively community will be paired up with another member — someone to connect with, periodically, for support, feedback, fresh perspectives, and accountability. Two heads are better than one.
5. PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP: All subscribers will be invited to join the Year of Living Creatively FB group — an asynchronous way to stay in touch with each other, share progress, ask questions, share resources, get inspired, and otherwise keep your creative fires burning.
YOU HAVE CHOICES! Choose from four different subscription options: 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, or 12 months. The cost? Less than a cappuccino per week (but the buzz will last a lot longer.) The launch date? Sometime in April. Want to be on our mailing list? Let us hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org
RELATED IDEA CHAMPIONS SERVICES: